Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position will be responsible for purchasing product from various vendors and ensuring current system processes are being utilized to maintain acceptable inventory levels. All direction will be in line with strategic and corporate goals and values set forth by Management. The role includes problem solving and support of the production personnel. A close working relationship with the Operations, Quality, Technical Services, Sales and Finance, departments,
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Reviewing product inventory on a weekly basis to maintain stock at pre-determined levels.
- Purchase product as required from suppliers, within lead times using MRP. Review ERP action messages for adequacy based on sales trend, supplier performance, pending product overlaps.
- Maintain non-production supplies as required, office supplies, furniture, hardware, software, services, translations, brochures, catalogs etc.
- Responsible for entering all Purchase Orders into the ERP system timely and accurately.
- Ensure proper pricing with vendors, and immediately notify Operations Manager of any vendor price changes. Provide necessary documentation for Manager to evaluate new pricing. Enter new pricing in ERP.
- Confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as availability and delivery schedule.
- Assist with coordination of Repair and Maintenance Vendors, to support service request.
- Negotiate freight rates, arrange transportation of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Confirm customs invoices, including tariff codes and freight charges.
- Co-ordination of monthly cycle count data entry. A physical discrepancy report will be submitted to the Financial Controller.
- Co-ordinate data entry of Direct Ship orders.
- Assist in products Returns to Manufacturer.
- Approve A/P discrepancies daily.
- ERP Database maintenance is essential to ensure items/BOMS are up to date and have all necessary information.
- Interface with all departments and resolves problems and issues as necessary and in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assist with receiving of physical product and in ERP.
- Continuous review of purchasing processes to ensure day to day tasks are performed efficiently.
- Perform other related duties and projects as business needs require at direction of management.
· Quality of work – Consistently produces acceptable quality of work and only requires a reasonable amount of supervision.
· Initiative – Demonstrates a strong work ethic. Takes the appropriate risks and focuses on outcomes.
· Communication – Demonstrates effective listening skills. Maintains eye contact. Focuses on content. Is thoughtful and articulate when speaking with others. Has good written and oral communication skills.
· Customer Service – Is attentive and responsive to the needs of others. Handles difficult situations with patience, tact, and grace. Accurately identifies and anticipates needs.
· Punctuality/Time Management – Is reliable and punctual to work and all meetings, functions, and training. Fulfills commitments on time that contribute to team goals.
· Ensures Accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
· Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and touch challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
· Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Partners with others to get work done. Gains trust and support of others.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
· University/College degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management, Logistics
· 3-5 years demonstrated experience working in Procurement/Supply Chain/Office environment
· C.P.P Accreditation or completion towards accreditation is a strong asset
· Excellent organizational and time management skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
· Experience working with MRP/ERP systems, Microsoft Office Suite