Project Manager, Water/Wastewater – Waterloo
As an employee-owned company, we foster a culture where our people can thrive, a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join our award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
Water team is looking for a Project Manager to join their Waterloo office in a full-time permanent position.
- Project Management of primarily municipal water and wastewater infrastructure related projects. Typical projects include Class EAs, studies, asset management, design and construction services for new/upgrades to existing water and sewage pumping stations, reservoirs, water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Technical project management, including but not limited to managing project budget, scope and schedule, invoicing and reviewing project financial performance.
- Leading with multidisciplinary team including but not limited to chairing design review meetings, coordination of project requirements, identification and resolving of project risks and issues to ensure delivery of quality projects.
- Managing project risks.
- Planning projects, developing accurate scopes of work, cost estimates, project plans, schedules and deliverables to execute high quality projects on time and on budget.
- Ensure that project activities are conducted in accordance with Project Quality Management System, and participate in company-wide quality initiatives.
- Providing project engineering and technical expertise, analysis and design services for a variety of wastewater, water, and infrastructure renewal projects.
- Participating in studies, assessments, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimates, specifications, contract documents, tendering and contract administration.
- Providing senior review and professional authentication of memos, reports, drawings, technical specifications and other engineering documents.
- Liaising with clients, consultants, regulatory and utility agencies, stakeholders, and contractors.
- Securing permits and approvals from external authorities as required
- Provide leadership in the maintenance of existing client relationships and development of new client relationships including preparation of project proposals.
- Working closely with engineers, designers, drafting and support staff.
- Mentoring, training, and coaching project teams including technical and field staff.
- Supervision of junior engineers, technologists, and designers.
- Other duties as assigned and appropriate for this position.
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) within the province of Ontario.
- Project management (PMP) designation considered an asset.
- 8+ years progressive experience in project management and design engineering for municipal wastewater and water infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated abilities in multidisciplinary project teamwork and coordination.
- Proficient in the full range of design activities including preparation of studies, functional and detailed design drawings and reports, contract document preparation, tendering, construction administration and commissioning.
- Familiarity with construction contracts and administration.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant Canadian federal and provincial regulations.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn and contribute to meeting company and project objectives.
- Experienced in meeting timelines and budgets, proposal writing, business/client development and other skills appropriate to consulting.
- Proven, advanced level Excel skills and a proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- In-depth understanding of business issues associated with consulting engineering and planning.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships in a collaborative, team environment.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned.
Your better starts here
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options – Hybrid
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 33926
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1