Our client is looking for a candidate with a combination of operations experience, business acumen and a design background to join a growing organization. This person will have a go getter attitude and will be given the opportunity to expand their role to leadership.
· Support the complete design planning process from start-to-finish.
· Use the available management tools to better plan and manage the design process on assigned projects.
· Analyze and resolve problems with the design team, both technical and non-technical
·Administer quality control verification for all outgoing deliverables.
·Oversee and approve detailed drawings and working plans as required based on verbal instructions, rough notes, engineering drawings and rough sketches.
·Provide technical guidance on project matters as required and work closely with site representative(s) to ensure best installation outcome.
· Act as a BIM expert for the project and educate the team on all BIM standards.
· Provide updates on various project metrics such as overall workload, project completion, and work with the project team to resolve any problems.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 3-5 years of experience in the subcontracting space
· Familiarity with NFPA National Fire Protection Services
· Dedicated moves at a fast
· Educated in different facets of the design (Knowledge of Autodesk, Revit or CAD )
·Familiar with Change Orders
· Proficiency in Building Information Modeling (BIM) processes and tools knowledge
· Understanding of the uses of drawing levels, references files, various CAD tools, scaling, dimensioning and cross-sectional interpolations
· Working knowledge of the latest Ontario and Canadian electrical and mechanical codes, Bulletins and Ontario building code (OBC), LEED construction, CAN ULC and other pertinent standards
· Excellent communication, leadership, organization, and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the principles of project management.
·Excellent personality and willingness to expand their role and hit the ground running.
This person must be based in the Ottawa area.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 30707
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1