Our client is looking for a Project Manager for a rehabilitation multi use development with the opportunity to get involved with additional projects as well.
Education & Knowledge:
- Construction professional with a B. Sc. Degree in Engineering and/or Architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of construction industry disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost management, quality management.
- Construction management certificate is considered an asset.
- PMP / Gold Seal is considered a strong asset
- 5-10 + years of experience working in the multi-unit residential market sector
- Proven track record of successfully managing and supervising multiple project teams with up to 10 professionals.
- MS office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Project
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Perform the overall planning and scheduling of the project activities to ensure that the project is delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish & maintain excellent relationships with clients, consultants, subcontractors etc.
- Provide monthly cost forecast, schedule and cash flows analysis to ensure project’s cost effectiveness.
- Work with accounting staff to ensure project accounting / invoicing is done in a timely fashion.
- Prepare detailed budgets through extensive quantity take-off and seeking budget prices from major industry subcontractors.
- Manage multiple tenders and bid submissions.
- Administer contracts, purchase orders
- Negotiate, monitor and approve consultant & construction change orders and claims.
- Manage site instructions and coordinate shop drawings
- Review & approve project technical documentation, i.e. drawings, specifications, & scopes of work.
- Review & prepare various construction logs on on-going basis
- Define and structure project’s work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Identify and manage critical paths, perform total float and risk analysis.
- Monitor actual versus planned progress on key performance indicators, provide exception reporting, and recommend actions.
- Produce consolidated progress reports and analysis with bar charts, S-curves, histograms, etc.
- Conduct regular site visits and monitor progress weekly
- Conduct regular site meetings with subcontractors as required
- Ensure site office is well maintained and all appropriate documentation is filed
- Prepare proposals and participate in business development presentations for potential clients.