Do you have strong problem-solving skills? Can you effectively communicate whether it’s in writing or verbally? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently looking for a Project Accountant to be part of our clients’ team of professionals.
Our client is a mid- sized General Contractor who works on high end commercial projects. For over 30 years, they have been a leader in providing construction and design build services in the restaurant and hospitality sector, working on many significant hotels, restaurants and entertainment venues in Toronto.
They boast a beautifully renovated office on the east side of central Toronto that includes a large kitchen and gym.
They have a work hard / play hard mentality with a young and vibrant company culture. They offer an excellent benefits package and growth opportunities! They are currently looking for a Controller to join their ever-growing team.
Your tasks as a Project Accountant:
- Leverage existing technology/financial systems to maximize efficiency and create value-added information for the management team
- Create reporting for several business verticals
- Compile financial and operating metrics and KPIs
- Creating and reviewing financial and operational reporting dashboards
- Conduct quarterly analysis for management commentary
- Evaluate progress of construction projects relative to budget
- Preparing, building and ownership of the company’s long-term forecasting and budgetary planning processes, including monthly variance reporting (as compared to budget/forecast)
- Monitoring and tracking key performance indicators (revenue, earned margin, operating metrics, working capital, cash flow, DSO) and working with the CFO to implement necessary action plans for achievement of financial objectives
- Assisting with the oversight of treasury activities – cash monitoring and forecasting
- Overseeing collection monitoring and management or project receivables
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to a team of 6 accounting professional to deliver high quality financial results as well as to help the development and growth of the team
- Maintain chart of accounts; ensure that adding and deleting accounts wrap up properly in reporting and budgets
- Produce periodic (monthly, quarterly and annual) financial reports
- Issue timely and complete financial statements (monthly, quarterly and annual)
- Enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results
- Help maintain an adequate system of accounting records
- Review monthly bank reconciliations, vendor account reconciliations (where necessary) and customer account reconciliations (where necessary)
- Review HST, payroll and WSIB remittances, and other govt remittances
- Involve closely in the production of annual budget and forecasts; analyze and report on variances from the budget
- Preparing and monitoring performance against forecasts and budgets
- Assistance with establishment of standardized reporting, policies and procedures
- Assist in the review and preparation of key management reports
- Assist in the management of the audit
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Provide recommendations on process improvement initiatives
- Analysis of financial and non-financial information
- Assisting the CFO with ad hoc requests such as legal matters (contracts, leases and agreements), strategic planning and system implementation
Requirements for the Project Accountant position:
- Have a minimum of a BS in Accounting; a CPA, CMA or MBA (an asset)
- Have experience as a Controller, Financial Manager or a similar position
- Have experience working with information technology staff to manage finance, inventory, project costing and accounting software packages
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, as well as excellent organization skills
Don’t miss this opportunity, apply now!
If you are interested in this role, please contact Faith: