Or client is a leader in the subcontracting space looking for a Production Supervisor to join their team.
Plant Supervisor is responsible to achieve results while maintaining high standards in operations, quality assurance and safety. Through effective communication, drive, determination, self-discipline, this role is responsible to leverage knowledge and skills to set clear expectations, efficient planning, production oversight, coaching, counseling, and employee management.
While the pace of the work is faster than average, quality or safety is never compromised. The work requires technical problem solving and innovation while working within approved organizational systems, quality standards and technology.
- Supervision of general laborer’s in a unionized environment including carpenters, and masons
- Ensure all products are fabricated in an efficient and safe manner while maintaining a high level of quality standards
- Exercise the necessary authority to assure policies and procedures are followed
- Coaching and training support for achieving effective delegation
- Shift work is inherent of this position
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and review engineering plans
- Schedule and manpower planning to determine the production requirement
- Ensure teams are operating at optimal level and KPIs are being met
- Ensure all orders are filled completely
- Solve & manage issues as escalated
- Enforce safe work practices and correct unsafe conditions
- 3 -5 yrs of industrial supervisory experience preferable in a Unionized environment
- Having an engineering technology education or equivalent
- Must be proficient with MS software programs
- Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results that meet and maintain job standards
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate others
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills