Our client, an expanding manufacturer on the cutting edge of technology and design in Montreal, is currently seeking a Production Manager.
The manager will directly manage the Assembly personnel with a focus on operational excellence (safety, quality, service, cost, moral); plan, organize and expedite the workflow processes in order to ensure the best utilization of available resources (people, materials, equipment, etc.). The Production Manager leads the production team to increase production capacity, improve on time production accuracy, and grow the capabilities and empowerment of the teams.
Working with the industrial engineering, Quality, Design engineering, production planning, Stores and Shipping teams, the Production Manager promotes a collaborative and responsive environment. The Production Manager leads by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures. Working with the Manufacturing Manager, this role also includes the identification of new strategic alliance partners for advancement of our shop floor with new technology elements.
- Develop and deploy operational-related plans (strategies, policies and procedures).
- Able to understand the current strengths and constraints and help/contribute synchronization and speed on the floor.
- Participate in the weekly planning meeting to establish production targets vs. production capacity and “meet-demand” strategies.
- Monitor the production schedule and collaborates with Production Planning for any adjustments in schedules including expediting orders, redistribution of assigned orders, and coordination with assembly teams to meet special deadlines.
- Develop employees across multiple segments including continuous improvement, KPIs, quality, Lean, safety, waste reduction, etc.
- Determine the need for labour, space, materials and capital equipment, and provide cost analysis and justification.
- Responsible for continuous flow, WIP reduction, waste/rework reduction and synchronization within the department.
- Perform data analysis to drive strategic action plans for business operations metrics based on Pillars: Safety, Quality, Service and Cost.
- Establish and maintain a high level of business and personal ethics, following standard operating procedures.
- Maintain professional and effective communications to all levels, stimulating initiatives, innovations, and motivation for continuous improvements.
- Ensure that the production is cost effective, making sure that products are produced on time and within quality standards.
- Monitor product standards and implement quality-control programs in coordination with the Quality Team.
- Review worker performance.
- Give feedback to the Quality Department, implement and drive continuous improvement activities in order to eliminate waste in the production processes.
- Manage the adherence to defined procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned..
- Responsible to create and maintain department procedures and processes, assuring that they are respected and executed diligently.
- Participate actively with knowledge & improvement ideas to continuous improvement program
- Develop and/or revise standard operational and working practices to improve productivity.
- Ensure complete compliance with defined procedures and policies (Safety, 5S, Attendance, etc.).
- Authorize the overtime to appropriate resources as budgeted by the Planning Team, as required.
- Ensure planned KPI’s of quality, efficiency and performance are met or exceeded.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to all employees in department.
- Carry out human resources responsibilities in cooperation with HR department and in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws: interview, hire and train employees; plan, assign and direct labor work; motivate, coach and evaluate employee’s performance and recommend salary reviews; apply disciplinary measures whenever necessary; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Develops and implements strategies to ensure that the Managers and Supervisors plan, authorize and manage vacation, days offs, sick days, days for injuries, etc. in an effective manner so production output is maintained according to planning requirements.
- Provide and/or assists to the integration and orientation of new employees, ensuring that they have an efficient training plan.
- Identify overall training needs and works constantly with HR and Quality Teams to develop and implement training sessions.
- Promotes safe usage of all equipment. Collaborates with the Health and Safety Team to ensure employees adhere to the safety practices and policies.
- Over 10 years experience in managing a production floor.
- Capable of managing a complex production floor with over 300 employees.
- Senior and strategic experience in manufacturing.
- Entrepreneurial and client-focused attitude.
- Strong personality to manage and influence effectively.
- Experience in a multicultural setting and ability to coach and manage diversity.
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, and various continuous improvement initiatives with an emphasis on providing sustainable results and a high value of return.
- Change-management champion.
For more information on this position please call Kharen at 514-227-4640 x279 or send your CV directly to: [email protected]