PRODUCTION LINE LEADER
Our client based in Brantford is seeking an experienced., Production Team Line Leader the position is responsible for overseeing the production workflow.
The role is dynamic and requires a strong ability to organize. The Line Leader is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of their shift, the optimization of production, quality and food safety on the production line as well as taking the responsibility for decision making regarding machine operation.
What our client offers
- Excellent Base Salary $24.13 – 25.13
- Competitive compensation package
·Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paramedical, DPSP program.
·Opportunities for growth and development
·Day and Afternoon shifts weekly rotating.
·7am – 3pm/ 3pm – 11pm
·Afternoon shift allowance $.75
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintains highest standards of BRC, HACCP, Quality, GMP and Health & Safety standards.
- Follows plant start up and/or shutdown procedures which requires the Line Leader to start early to ensure the smooth start-up of shift
- Provides instructions to Production employees as well as monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback & coaching.
- Oversees completion of frequent quality checks of raw materials and finished goods to ensure they meet all specifications.
- Completes frequent checks of operational standards and corrects operational procedures.
- Makes decisions in conjunction with Shift Supervisor to ensure products remain in specification and product integrity is maintained
- Supports Shift Supervisor and Quality Department by ensuring accurate execution of documentation through effective communication and coordination.
- Completes all quality records & documentation.
- Adjusts the recipe and process to ensure strict quality standards are maintained.
- Troubleshoots any issues on the production line and seeks intervention from Shift Supervisor and/or Maintenance as needed
- Assists with and inspect the cleaning and sanitation activities of Machine Operators and General Labourers
- Instructs Machine Operators on how to make minor adjustments to the line (i.e., bag length, bag seal)
- Manages colleagues work rotation and break relief
- Assists with the training of new employees
- Maintains permanent/temporary associate timekeeping records as needed
- Ensures adherence to legal and company policies and procedures
- Ensures all job-related operations comply with Health & Safety, GMP, HACCP, WHMIS, and highest food safety standards
- Performs all other duties as assigned to meet and exceed operational requirements
Qualifications—Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 1 year in a Production Line Leader or Manufacturing Leadership role
- Experience within HACCP & GMP regulated food & beverage or consumer packaged goods industry highly preferred
- Knowledge of production lines and machinery, key performance indicators, technological processes
- Meets the physical demands of the position
- Strong mechanical aptitude, ability to troubleshoot technological problems
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills, experience with employee training
- Performs math and measurement operations, strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with persons at all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail, reliable, strong work ethic, high integrity
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment and meet/exceed goals
- Able to work overtime to support a growing operation
- Willingness to learn, cross train and accept other duties as assigned
- Attends all Food Safety & Health & Safety training as required
- Adherence to Grissin Bon Food Safety & Health & Safety policies and procedures D. Education and Training
- Previous supervisory / leadership experience preferred
- Completion of secondary school
- On-the-job training is provided
- HACCP Standards Experience/Certification preferred WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regularly exposed to/work near moving mechanical parts and heavy machinery
- Regularly exposed to noisy environments
- Regularly exposed to hot humid conditions
- May be exposed to dusty environments
- May be exposed to chemicals used in the manufacturing process
- The employee must be able to climb ladders and access/work on work platforms
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. Our client is interviewing now and this position will not be available for long. If you’re interested, please apply now
We are looking forward to hearing from you
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 30314
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1