- Prepare and manage purchase orders for raw materials, consumables, subcontractors and services, expediting when needed.
- Ensure orders arrive on time to meet production requirements.
- Source, evaluate, quote, select and negotiate pricing for materials, supplies and services.
- Analyze, implement and maintain appropriate inventory levels and inventory management systems.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and efficiency improvements and implement.
- Vendor measurement and management.
- Participate in continuous improvement teams.
- Adhere to and enforce compliance with purchasing policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations.
To be able to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Post-secondary education (in material management, business or administration preferred)
- Minimum 3-5 years relative experience as a buyer.
- Experience purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Completed or in the process of completing the Supply Chain Management Professional designation program is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to use Word, Excel, ERP and Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent skills in communication, structured problem solving and multi-tasking.
- Must be well organized and display an infectious day to day positive attitude and spirit of continuous improvement
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- Strong customer service focus.
Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements. Ability to comfortably collaborate in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity, using active listening skills in order to effectively understand provided feedback and summarize information.
Analyzes and interprets data and information in order to develop conclusions. Able to identify current and future opportunities, challenges and risks.
Ability to engage with others constructively to come up with solutions and create agreement.
Networking and Relationship Building
Effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships and networks of key contacts with people and colleagues both inside and outside the organization. Maintains partnerships that can provide information, assistance and support.
Planning and Organizing
Can set out goals and objectives and work plans to accomplish tasks.
Ability to assess and take advantage of opportunities independently.
The working conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.