Are you interested in joining a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team with strong leadership? Are you passionate about providing customer-focused solutions?
We are looking for a Process Manager who is well-versed in process improvement positively impacting process, cost, quality and production.
As a Process Manager, you will become a part of our team and support the demands of our ever-growing business! As a Process Manager, you will be heading the Process Control Department and will be responsible for providing efficient solutions for process/product development and/or improvement, in a safe and cost-effective manner.
1. Establish robust processes and process controls
2. Perform tests and monitor performance of processes throughout stages of production to determine degree of control over variables such as temperature, density and pressure
3. Implement controls for and oversee the line trail processes through all stages till First Production.
4. Identify gaps and establish necessary changes to strengthen chemical analysis, process engineering and trouble shooting aspects of product development phases
5. Interpret and document all test results, calculations, and observations. Summarize findings in reporting tool.
6. Determine root cause in product development and quality issues
7. Design measurement and control systems based on data collected
8. Complete documentation to ensure compliance with both internal and external regulations and protocols
9. Evaluate processes to ensure both efficiency and quality remain high
10. Evaluate equipment and processes to identify ways to optimize performance and to ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations.
11. Research, develop and test models of alternative designs or processing methods to assess feasibility, sustainability, operating condition effects, potential new applications or necessity of modification.
1. Conduct meetings with customers and stakeholders to identify, formulate and produce practical solutions to emerging problems.
2. Understand customer requirements in terms of product trials, ensure timely completion to achieve desired end results and liaise with the customer during this process as well as for final reporting.
1. Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
2. Collaborate on the evaluation and development of quality standards and manufacturing SOPs and other procedures.
3. Design test control apparatus or equipment for testing products.
4. Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems or needs.
5. Assist QA in establishing root cause analysis
1. Supervise production workers, technicians, technologists, or other engineers.
2. Set performance expectations and evaluate employee performance.
You have a University Degree in Chemical Engineering or in Chemistry.
· 7 – 10 years experience in chemical engineering or chemistry
· 3 – 5 years experience in people management
· Experience in manufacturing
· Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP)/Material Resource Planning (MRP), i.e., SAP, Solar Soft – Level 3 – Advanced
· Microsoft Office Suite – Level 3 – Advanced
· Minitab or other statistical process analysis software – Advanced
· Understanding and use of Six Sigma concepts and process mapping tools
You have the ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams, for example Quality and Research and Development.
You have the ability follow health and safety training, including implementing measures put forth by the Government of Canada regarding COVID-19 precautions.
· Results Orientation
· Problem Solving
· Communication and Interpersonal Savvy
WHAT WE OFFER
1. Competitive Salary
2. Health Benefits
3. Extended Health Care
4. Dental Care
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that strives to attract, develop, and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve. We aim to foster an inclusive work environment and remain committed to fair attraction, development, retention, and advancement practices.
This role operates in a production environment, employees are exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and fragrances.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Monday to Friday
Work remotely: No