Great Opportunity, Apply Now!
One of our top clients is seeking a professional, responsible, and dedicated Plant Controller to join their team in Markham, Ontario. If you have experience as a Plant Controller effectively overseeing the accounting functions of a single plant, the execution of financial processes, policies, and programs personally or through a team., are comfortable working in a Manufacturing environment and are looking for a prosperous career, please give us a call today!
What Are The Perks:
- Full Time Hours – Monday to Friday Day Shift: 9:00 am – 5:30pm
- Salary: $120,000 – $130,000/year
- Vacation: 3 -4 weeks
- Benefits: After 3 months
- Laptop, Cell Phone provided, other expenses covered
- Work with great leadership that will support your growth within the company
- Prepare monthly reports of results, forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning.
- Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the plant, sales, and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensure accuracy of physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Leads the financial staff at the plant, accountable for plant-level responsibilities which may include general accounting, payables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, financial reporting, sales management, and computer operations.
- Perform audits to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly, report audit results.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory using available data from production, shipping, and other activities. Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
- Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Assist in reconciliation of inter-company accounts.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the company’s value. Responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations, sales, and finance.
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years’ experience as plant controller in a manufacturing environment, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
- High level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets and ERP/MRP systems.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft or similar ERP experience a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of financial processes and related manufacturing.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), Teams, and Outlook.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and protects privacy of confidential/sensitive information.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously establishing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, and presentations)
- Proactive; exercises sound judgment and decision making; able to identify problems and needs and develop solutions and/or options.
- Self-confident, self-motivated polished professional who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
If you are a professional, hardworking, and dedicated employee looking for a new opportunity in a Manufacturing environment in Markham, Ontario, please reach out to us today! We can’t wait to introduce you to your awesome new team.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 31464
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1