PLANNER, DEVELOPMENT PLANNING
Our client is is leader in the Land Development space actively seeking a Planner in Development Planning. Under the direction of the Senior Manager and reporting directly to the VP the Planner is responsible for:
· Coordinate the review of primarily standard and minor planning and permit applications including Minor Variances, Consents, Site Plans, site-specific Zoning Amendments, and Official Plan Amendments.
· Liaise with and provide professional planning advice and recommend appropriate action to partners and consultants.
· Meet requested municipal deadlines, communicate anticipated delays, and manage expectations.
· Open, track and organize digital files and administer the fee schedule (e.g., determine appropriate fee, process fee payments, ensure cheques are collected and processed).
· Initiate negotiations with proponents and technical experts to resolve permit compliance issues.
· Provides supervision and assistance in the development and integration of individual schedules into the total project plan and driving consistency across the project.
· Contribute to the analysis and summarization of policy documents, zoning by-laws and background studies; Carry out regulatory, site and context analyses of projects;
· Assist in the coordination of urban design processes and architectural application; Write and coordinate proposals, reports, studies and analysis (environmental impact assessments argumentative brief, traffic, transportation, etc.), guidelines, analytical documents, urban planning and regulatory documents, research documents and case studies.
· Conduct and contribute to detailed research, including jurisdictional and legislative framework reviews.
· Prepare and contribute to planning documents and reports including background reports, analytical and rationale reports, and plans.
· Support policy development for land use plans and other community plans and projects, as needed, based on inputs from research and engagement.
· Land use planning consulting services for private and public interests who require assistance in acquiring municipal land use approvals including Official Plan Benefits
- Minimum of five (5) years of municipal and/or environmental planning experience related to major responsibilities.
- Detailed knowledge of statutes and regulatory controls affecting land use planning and development, including the Conservation Authorities Act and regulations, TRCA Living City Policies, Planning Act, Provincial Policy Statement 2014, Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan, Greenbelt, Places to Grow, etc.
- Knowledge of Official Plan, Zoning, Subdivision, Condominium, Consent, Variance and other development review and Planning Act processes and implementing documents.
- Ability to understand site conditions and read and interpret construction plans and drawings (e.g., grading, topography, environmental features).
- Excellent analytical and oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, ArcGIS, municipal application circulation software, and ability to learn new applicable software.
Job Type: Full-time
· in office
· Competitive Salary
· Healthcare Benefit Package
· Career Growth
· Company events
· Dental care
· Extended health care
· Life insurance
· Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
· French not required
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 28329
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1