We are searching for Personal Support Workers (PSW). This is a critical role within our client’s communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
- Ensures and promotes the provision of resident-focused care to meet the needs of residents
- Provides supervision and/or assistance to residents in the activities of daily living including eating, dressing, transferring, toileting, hygiene, grooming, and bathing as per residents’ individual plans of care to meet their needs and expectations
- Provides care and services to residents with respect to their senses and communication by encouraging residents to wear individual sensory aids such as glasses, hearing aides, etc.
- Provides cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual support
- Provides oral and dental care
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a Personal Support Worker from an approved college or private institution meeting the standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, National Association of Career Colleges, as per established provincial requirements
- Continues to grow and develop through attendance at seminars, workshops, etc.
- Demonstrated working experience with the elderly in a health care setting, knowledgeable with respect to their needs
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering simple treatment and related bedside care to resident
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, families, and visitors
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS) preferred