PAVEMENT ENGINEER – GTA
MUST HAVE TO APPLY:
- Work experience related to pavement and/or asphalt
Rapidly growing Building Science Engineering firm that specializes in capital asset management of existing building portfolios for Institutional, Commercial and Industrial property owners. The fields of expertise include, roofing, cladding, glazing and curtain wall, below-grade waterproofing, asphalt pavement systems, concrete restoration and other building envelope related systems.
The group of experienced technical personnel provides owners with architectural design reviews and timely field reviews to assist with new construction projects. With existing building portfolio, we provide failure investigations, guide owners through timely asset maintenance and repairs and provide optimized engineering design solutions for rehabilitation projects.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to a “Civil Engineering” professional with pavement experience to join our team. The successful candidate will manage and deliver a variety of pavement engineering and pavement management projects throughout the GTA area.
- Develop, plan, organize and carry out pavement evaluations and investigations.
- Prepare asphalt pavement system repair designs to meet client needs including phasing and traffic control.
- Write and review/approve reports and specifications, prepare proposals and make clients presentations.
- Adhere to project budgets and objectives.
- Coordinate and carry out field inspection of construction works.
- Provide technical supervision of field inspection and testing staff at construction sites and in the office.
- Perform senior review of detailed engineering analysis, design and reporting for assigned projects.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Manage Projects independently while cooperating with a team for larger national account programs.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- University Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 2 – 10 years of relevant working experience since graduation.
- Member of Professional Engineers Ontario (P.Eng.) or other provincial association, or the ability to be licensed in the near future.
- Experience completing pavement designs and evaluations of flexible (asphalt pavement), rigid (Portland cement concrete) and composite (asphalt concrete over Portland cement concrete).
- Experience preparing pavement design and pavement evaluation reports.
- Expertise in pavement condition assessments including analysis of FWD, smoothness and friction data.
- Extensive knowledge of pavement construction methods, materials, and specifications.
- Familiarity with engineering and construction practices in Ontario, other provinces is an asset.
- Proven success in managing and executing project engineering investigations and research, conducting evaluations and analytical work.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 29833
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1