Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pack finished products as they become available from printing machine as per specifications manual.
- Recognize, remove and/or report defective product.
- Prepare packaging for shipment and transportation (pre-glue boxes, interlock product and insert into boxes, ensure boxes are clear of vinyl punch slugs, glue and staple end caps to boxes and end flap are flush and square, use correct number of staples in the correct location).
- Maintains piece counts and correct number of completed cartons are stacked for crating.
- Ensures proper closure of carton and transport of carton to adjacent bed or skid.
- Keep working area free of scrap and maintain workplace safety.
- Monitor cartons and end caps for correct size and report discrepancies to Shift Supervisor.
- Participate in mid and year-end inventory count if required.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety, as applicable.
- Perform other duties as required by Shift Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Must be able to work 6 am to 2:30 pm or 2pm to 10 pm
- Previous manufacturing experience is an asset but not a requirement
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Team player, strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have a good working knowledge of packing process.
- Must be comfortable using air operated equipment and must be able to lift production.