Are you a hands-on person? Do you have experience working in a manufacturing facility? If so, this is the job for you! We are currently searching for a Packer to join our clients’ team of professionals. As a Packer you will be in charge of filling containers and other related packaging tasks.
Your tasks as a packer:
- Perform visual and physical inspections to ensure that all production pieces and related packaging meet quality standards
- Follow the job instructions provided by the Supervisor
- Ensure that all production and finished pieces are the same as the sample provided
- Inform Supervisor when quality and/or equipment problems occur
- Immediately informing the Supervisor of any visual and/or physical defect in production pieces that appear at your workstation
- Upon first indication of malfunctioning equipment, shutting machine off and immediately informing Supervisor
- Place bottles on the line or pack bottles to meet Company standards
- Meet daily job assignment standards and following specification sheet
- Ensure that no defective pieces are packed
- Label, sleeve, make boxes, and palletize finished goods to quality standards
- Ensure labels, sleeves, and boxes are as per sample provided and spec sheet
- Palletize skids as per specification sheet provided
- Operate all finishing equipment in a safe manner and in accordance with safety instructions
- Ensure there are no quality or production Interruptions or errors due to your lack of giving or seeking information.
- Follow Company safety rules as per Supervisor’s instructions, including wearing personal protective equipment 100% of the time, and ensuring that all procedures under the Occupational Health and Safety Act are being followed.
The required qualifications for the packer position:
- Must have completed post Secondary Education with 2 to 3 years experience in a manufacturing industry preferred.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work days, afternoon, nights and/or Saturday from time to time.
- Will be standing, walking, bending and lifting for the duration of their shift.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as autonomously, as required.
- Coachable; Professional; Approachable; Quick learner; and Self-motivated.
- Demonstrates good and safe work habits and have a clean working environment.
Don’t miss this opportunity, apply now!
Email resume to [email protected] for immediate consideration. Call Elsa at (905) 361 – 3987 ext. 114