Our client is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of heating and cooling equipment for the North American school and condo/resort markets. They manufacture products with a high degree of customization. The growing company is in need of an experienced Packager.
Reporting to the Supervisor for Final Assembly, the Packager will demonstrate a high degree of competence in packaging and carpentry. The successful candidate will be responsible for building skids and safely operating equipment to move and package HVAC units. He/she will be a responsible team-player, who is able to work independently and has strong attention to detail in performing everyday tasks.
Your tasks as a Packager:
- Read and interpret drawings and work orders to determine job instructions and specifications
- Measure and cut wood to build skids and other items to securely and safely package product
- Use cranes and pump trucks to transfer equipment from the assembly line onto skids and move them to the testing area
- Shrink wrap and secure HVAC units once quality tests are complete
- Ensure quality of performed work and compliance with the requirements
- Issue accurate and timely reports as required
- Follows “Safety First” philosophy
- Maintain clean and organized working area
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements for the Packager position:
- Minimum 1 year of experience packaging large products
- Experience operating a crane or hoist
- Must be able to use hand and pneumatic tools (nail gun)
- Experience using power tools specifically power saws to cut wood
- Quick learner with the ability to interpret work order and diagrams
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Don’t miss this opportunity, apply now!
Qualified candidates please contact Maricar at (905) 361- 3987 ext. 125 for immediate consideration.