Outside Sales/Client Development Manager – Building Envelop Industry
Are you a sales-driven, self-motivated, individual who loves building relationships and negotiating sales? If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client has been in business for 62 years and is a Canadian based manufacturer of architectural aluminum building products. They provide their customers with a comprehensive product portfolio for the commercial construction industry that includes entrances, framing systems, windows and curtain wall systems. They are a leader in their market. They recognize that their continued success very much depends on the relationships they have established with their customers. These are partnerships built on mutual success that has been growing for more than half a century.
The Outside Sales/Client development manager (CDM) is responsible for regional/national sales activities, driving sales revenue, managing customer and vendor relations, and related sales performance in their region. The CDM will monitor sales in relation to financial goals, prepare and deliver sales materials, and organize and/or attend exhibits and other promotions. The CDM is also responsible for forming strategic selling and large account plans within the corporate sales model.
- Serve as a single-point-of-contact for key accounts; administer all services for client, such as testing, implementation of sales programs, training, and ongoing support as needed.
- Manage and grow major account activity to generate profitable sales and positive customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with customer contacts, up to and including senior level executives, in order to define needs and provide solutions.
- Identify and target new business sales opportunities.
- Promote and maintain the organization’s brand image and identity within the marketplace.
- Develop sales goals for territory or area; manage all aspects of strategic sales initiatives for these regions.
- Ensure effective response to sales leads, i.e. forwarding literature, plant tours, provide quotations and ensure timely follow-up.
- Provide input and assist in development of presentations and other marketing collateral.
- Create and conduct in-depth sales presentations that highlight key benefits, ROI, and value the company’s products/services.
- Identify and resolve risks associated with the delivery and/or provision of customer contracts; manage client expectations throughout the contract.
- Ensure cohesive external customer liaison to ensure contractual obligations are met and problems are escalated internally as appropriate.
- Assist in ensuring data is being regularly collected, analyzed and presented regarding sales department continuous improvement performance, e. g. quote cycle time, quote activity levels, closure rate and new business sales development.
- Monitor project daily tasks to ensure timely delivery of product to the customer.
- Act as a liaison between customer purchasing functions and ISSR Team as required.
- In conjunction with purchasing and materials management ensure that customer program requirements and relevant approvals are in place.
- Facilitate meetings between the various manufacturing and administrative functions within the company to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Participate in negotiating and closing sales contract terms and conditions.
- Act as primary contact with customer technical and program management personnel on administration of the program.
- By targeted segment, assist in the development of lists of potential new customers and prepare Prospect Profiles.
- Assist in Target Market Segment research and Prospect Profiles.
- Make ongoing prospect and customer calls and visits, i.e. Architect, Engineer, GC, End User, visits for business development.
- Attend trade shows.
- Ensure the customer is kept informed with respect to quote and delivery activity, manufacturing and quality matters.
- Obtain customer delivery requirements and forward information to the customer service team; obtain delivery promises, status reports etc. and transmit these back to the customer as required.
- Attend work planning and execution meetings as may be required.
- Participate in continuous improvement team activities.
- Track key performance indicators as required.
- Analyse and monitor product margins and summarize findings for presentation to senior management.
- May assist in the training of new employees in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Post secondary education in Architectural Technology and/or Building Sciences or equivalent experience is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years management experience or 5 or more years of direct-selling and account management experience in a construction products manufacturing environment.
- The successful candidate must have a (Certified Technical Representative) designation through Construction Specifications Canada or he/she agrees to achieve this designation within the first 3 years of employment.
- Experience in closing major enterprise transactions.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, other stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate key information to all audiences.
- Strong consultative skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Skilled at assessing client needs, developing proposals, and delivering solutions.
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills, with a high degree of tact and persuasiveness.
- Excellent speaking skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Ability to write clear and concise value proposition statements.
- Ability to create and edit sales materials and presentations (ie Power Point).
- Ability to coordinate, organize and present product demonstrations and other events.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Travel within the region is required.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment may be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.)
- Maybe exposed to outside conditions which include inclement weather, heat and humidity, load noise levels and exposure to dust.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Great Opportunity, Apply Now!
Qualified candidates please submit resume to [email protected] for immediate consideration.