Are you an experienced Operations Manager who has had great success within the Construction/ Infrastructure industry? Are you looking to make your next career move with a stable, national organization who truly values their employees? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client is a leading company providing Oil & Gas and Infrastructure solutions across the United States and Canada. Its portfolio includes 35 outstanding contracts, such as Port Miami Tunnel and maintenance of the Chevron refineries in California. With more than 1,500 employees and a presence in 14 states, our client, generates true value and growth for its clients while maintaining a strong commitment to safety and social responsibility.
Our client is currently looking to hire an Operations Manager to join their dynamic organization with the GTA area. The successful candidate will assist in managing the day to day operations to ensure the standards of the contract are met in a cost effective, safe and efficient manner. Assist in preparing and implementing asset management and maintenance programs in accordance with approved operating guidelines and budget. Maintain the management systems certifications under ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 for the business unit.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
§Collaborate with the Contract Manager to provide structure, support, administrative systems and methodologies to meet contract obligations
§Establish and leverage effective relationships with the client, subcontractors and suppliers.
§Prepare monthly reports (OPS, HSE, Change Order Summary, Extra Work)
§Responsible for ownership of CPAR (Non-Conformances); Monitor deliverables schedule; Ensure legislation and regulatory compliance; Monitor daily operations to ensure contractual compliance.
§Facilitate the development of training in Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Environmental aspects & Continual Improvement requirements.
§Establish, implement and monitor the expected outcomes of the HSE Hazard Register.
§Support Operations group with incident & near miss investigations and correcting identified deficiencies and/or actions.
§Identify quality system risks and work with the Manager & Quality Workgroup to implement appropriate risk control measures.
§Ensure governance processes are implemented across the business unit to guarantee HSE and other key business processes, regulations and legislation requirements are understood, implemented and monitored.
§Report as required statistical information to the HSE Manager on at least a monthly basis.
§ Ensure wherever practicable, operating procedures and system documents are uniform and are utilized at all levels.
§Act as designated representative in all quality related matters for the operations.
§Maintain high-level customer satisfaction and strong relationships with all key working personnel.
§Foster and promote an attitude of continuous improvement and encourage the use of continuous improvement concepts in the workplace.
§Report monthly on the status and system performance of the Group to Manager, and Industry & Site Managers as necessary.
§Ensure that the changes/actions as determined in the reviews are implemented within the Group.
§Ensure that corrective actions raised are implemented effectively and in a timely manner.
§Provide a center of expertise on quality related issues to both Operational staff and Technical Support Coordinators.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of asset management and road maintenance, repair, and/or construction.
- Ability to negotiate, coordinate and plan effectively.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple priorities, maintain a significant customer focus and positive customer service attitude.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate safety instructions to co-workers.
- As a member of management, the person is required to lead by example, coach others on how to correctly use PPE; follow proper safety rules of conduct, take appropriate corrective actions, including the initiation of disciplinary action to enforce the use and observance of PPE and safety rules within the area of supervised responsibility.
Education and Experience
- 2 -3 years industry experience; previous management/supervisory experience highly desired
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record (required)
- Professional Engineering License (highly desired)
Great Opportunity, Apply Now!!
Qualified candidates please submit your resume to Maheen at [email protected]for immediate consideration.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 21904
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1