Are you passionate about mechanical machinery? Do you have experience working in the construction and industrial industry? If so, this is the ideal opportunity for you! We are currently searching for a Millwright to be part of our clients’ team of professionals. As the chosen millwright, you’ll be in charge of installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing mechanical machinery and equipment.
If you are a team player who works with other tradespeople, we want to meet you! We are offering you a rotating shift from 7:00AM to 3:00PM and from 3:00PM to 11:00PM as well as occasional OT on Saturdays.
Your tasks as a Millwright:
- Design and fabricate the equipment and parts for meeting the special or unusual needs, using the manufacturer specifications, calculator, measuring devices, drawings
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and have the ability to come up with solutions to fix mechanical problems and keep equipment running
- Work with your hands and tools to fix hydraulic, mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic components such as cylinders, pumps, conveyors, motors, valves, and bearing
- Install or remove any special equipment like grinder, power and hand tools
- Design and create holding jigs that aid in fabrication of parts
- Maintain a record of all the work completed to facilitate the accounting
The required qualifications for the Millwright position:
- Must be familiar with pumps, motors and gearboxes
- Must be familiar with building maintenance
- Must have basic electrical knowledge
- Must have knowledge of safety precautions related to occupational hazards, procedures, and practices
- Must be able to follow company safety policies and safe work as well as be an organized individual
- Must be skilled in identifying the proper power and hand tools in the safest possible manner and various
- Skilled in operating at least some type of vehicles like trucks, forklifts, elevated work platforms/scissor lifts,
- Must have the ability to work at a shop or travel to a client
- Must have general knowledge of Health and Safety including Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations for Industrial Establishments and Construction, Hazard Recognition, Material Handling Equipment, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Machine Guarding, and Electrical
- Must be fluent in English with communication skills including written (reports, time sheets, work orders, etc.); verbal (employees, managers)
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle high volume workload.
- Must be able to lift heavy weights and occasionally assists with the lifting of heavy and awkward product which may be up to 100
- Must be bondable, have a valid driver’s license and the ability to provide a drivers abstract
- Certificate of Qualification in either the Industrial Millwright Trade Code 433 A or Construction Millwright Trade Code 426
- Alternatively, an apprentice in the above trades that will be writing their COQ soon. (Minimum of 4 years’ experience)
- Must have basic knowledge of welding symbols and blueprint reading
- Must have the ability to work with complicated welding tools like ox-fuel, plasma, mag-drills, etc.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable with being asked to travel to work sites outside the city
- Must be at ease with working in confined spaces or in roles that require fall protection
- Must be at ease with standing long periods of time
- May be required to work flexible and/or extended hours in order to address business needs.
Don’t miss this opportunity, apply now!
If interested, please email Nicole - [email protected]