Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the millwright will be responsible to participate in a team environment and undertake the tasks associated with maintenance, troubleshooting, fabricating and the installation of mechanical equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems as required.
- Interpret all mechanical schematics.
- Properly uses all hand and power tools and precision measuring equipment.
- Maintain conveyor system, all compressors and pumps.
- Perform welding and soldering operations.
- Install and maintain all fans, blowers, pneumatic systems.
- Install and maintain pipe systems and valves.
- Ensure that all shop equipment is kept clean and in safe working order.
- “Call in” duty as per schedule.
- General Maintenance.
- Read and interpret drawings, blue prints, schematics to determine layout of industrial equipment installations.
- Install, examine replace or repair feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies.
- Maintain, repair, test and install hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Maintain safety and environmental regulations and plant operability as top priorities as maintenance duties take place.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must hold a valid industrial mechanic/millwright certificate.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of calipers and other measuring devices.
- Must have knowledge of computer skills using MS Office products.
- Ability to read prints.
- Must be able to work Continental Shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.
Serious inquiries only, Please contact Tracey Mabilangan at 905 361 3987 x113, [email protected]