Our client is a leading global automotive supplier with 335 manufacturing operations and 96 product development, engineering and sales centres in 28 countries. They have over 168,000 employees focused on delivering superior value to their customers through innovative processes and World Class Manufacturing. They currently have a Mechanical Millwright opportunity available at their Mississauga Facility.
- Valid – Industrial Millwright Mechanic 433A license
- 5 to 7 years experience working as licensed millwright in the automotive industry or high speed/volume assembly and sequencing; fixture design; torque monitoring /control; and material handling systems.
- Strong analytical skills, root cause analysis & troubleshooting, and capable to providing solutions
- Able to fabricate details of all types of industrial materials from mechanical prints.
- Understanding of pneumatics to create, troubleshoot pneumatic circuits.
- Good mathematical, organizational and communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and in groups.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills of both English and mathematics.
- Working knowledge of compressors, conveyors, material handling systems,
- Willing to work necessary overtime up to but not limited to 48 hours per week.
- Able to work two-shift rotation.
- Able to work weekends.
- Experience and comfortable working with aerial lift equipment, fork lifts, etc.
- Comfortable working in a unionized environment.
- Experienced in all aspects of industrial mechanical maintenance and preventive maintenance practices.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings, blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and capable to follow supervisor instructions
- Proven project and time management ability
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Word / Excel.
- Exposure to QS-9000 and Lean Manufacturing production environments.
Qualified candidates please contact Tracey at (905) 361 - 3987 ext. 113 for immediate consideration.