Our client, is currently seeking an Mechanical Manufacturing Specialist who will develop and improve manufacturing processes by applying the knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, equipment, tooling, and materials into the studying and product/process evaluation; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods ;
- Supports manufacturing with production/manufacturing jigs/tools ;
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests ;
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians ;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed ;
- Assures liaison between Product Engineering and Industrial Engineering ;
- With the NPI team, designs new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones and work in close cooperation with co-workers (e.g. Industrial engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, etc.) to ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to the finished result ;
- Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods ;
- Evaluates needs and opportunities for new equipment/tools/jigs ;
- Executes analysis to ensure the highest quality at the best price. Coordinates and follow-up on the acquisition and installation ;
- Ensures the definition and implementation of maintenance and calibration programs for the equipment ;
- Relate with the research and development department to ensure the company is at the forefront of ground-breaking research ;
- Keeps up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering ;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in fabrication environment ;
- Has to know the following programs : AutoCAD, Solid WORKS, Office especially Excel (intermediate level or better) ;
- High knowledge on production jig/machines/automation design ;
- Solid understanding of engineering for manufacturing techniques including sheet metal, extrusions, and die-casting moulding ;
- Good understanding of lighting industry ;
- Analytical and creative thinker, multitasking skills ;
- High degree of autonomy and team work skills ;
- Good communication skills.
Send you resume to : email@example.com