Our client is a leader in the Mechanical space looking for an estimator to add to their team!
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Performing quantity takeoffs including entry into the computer estimating system
- Reviewing all bid documents to ensure all bid requirements are met.
- Assemble all elements of an estimate -Preparing bid forms and submissions for a tender call or proposal. -Present bid package with tender price for clients following their specifications
- Understanding the labor variances between project types
- Assists in the development of estimating plan to establish estimate/proposal strategies
- Participates in presentation of estimates/proposals to senior management.
- Attends and participates in site-visits, pre-bid meeting and post-bid meeting as required.
- Provides input for determining bid strategies and preparing bids.
- Conduct quantity take-offs, material price lists updating, labour productivity analyses, unit rate analyses
- Review electrical drawings and documents to determine scope of work and requirements
- Research/Update historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to assist in future estimates
- Work in collaboration with the Estimating team to create bid packages and prepare for closings
- 3-5 years of mechanical estimating experience
- Understand the conceptual aspect of estimating
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and contract documents
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to create and maintain strong relationships
- Post-secondary diploma in mechanical or construction technology or other relevant technology field or extensive experience in a mechanical contracting trade.
- Eng. or CET considered an asset or equivalent experience in the field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Experience in reading and interpreting construction drawings and documents. -Knowledge of construction costs and budgets.
- Knowledge of some plumbing / piping and HVAC
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. -Client service and customer focus to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers