Facility Assessors (Mechanical/Electrical) – MINNEAPOLIS
Imagine working for a company that values its employees as much as its clients. Imagine taking a job and wanting to finish your career with that same company. Imagine a company that hires and invests in full-time professionals as opposed to relying on contract employees. Imagine a place where collaborative, passionate and consistently curious professionals come together to tackle the world’s deferred capital renewal and maintenance backlog crisis. Imagine your career……better.
In response to a state-wide Facility Condition Assessment project with the University of Minnesota, company looking to grow the team in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area. Seeking experienced and passionate Mechanical/Electrical assessment professionals.
An industry leader in providing world-class solutions in Asset Management/Capital Planning including Facility Condition Assessments, Accessibility Assessments, Energy Management and Capital Asset Database Management. We provide expertise to a wide variety of sectors, including education, municipal/local and state-level governments, healthcare, institutional, industrial, recreational and hospitality.
We are seeking skilled candidates that truly believe in the core values we, as a company, practice
- An equal opportunity employer. Celebrating diversity, equity and inclusion in creating a welcoming and empowering environment for all employees.
- Promote a collaborative and integrated approach across all our projects that result in successful and meaningful outcomes for our clients;
- Committed to the efficient and effective delivery of our services through a focus on the development of our people, tools, and templates;
- Employees are challenged with diverse and unique project work and are empowered to develop client relationships through delivery of high-quality service and demonstrated trust and respect;
- Company culture provides many opportunities to engage in team building social activities;
- The growth of the business will provide challenging opportunities and increased responsibility for driven and proficient individuals!
What we offer:
- Work from home options (travel to site throughout Minnesota 1/3 of your time, work from home 2/3 of your time);
- Competitive compensation package;
- Health Benefit Plan;
- 401K Matching;
- Bonus program;
- Generous vacation entitlement; and
- Summer hours and Christmas shutdown.
What you offer:
- Graduate of relevant College or University-Level Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical related Program(s);
- Related industry experience (>five years preferred);
- Excellent technical writing skills are required. Reporting is to be concise, follow company report formats and be based on project specific evidence;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget;
- Effective, responsive communication (verbally and written) with the Project Team and Clients;
- Knowledge of Building Components including the ability to describe and provide replacement costing;
- Knowledge of Facility Condition Assessment Methodology and ASTM Uniformat II Classification System;
- Knowledge of construction materials and products, material deterioration mechanisms and repair and restoration methods;
- Significant knowledge of municipal, state and/or national building and fire codes;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required;
- Proficiency in Capital Planning software such as SLAM CAP, VFA, Asset Planner, iPlan, ReCAPP, etc. is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1, EnergyStar, Federal Energy Incentive programs, ADA are considered assets;
- Must be willing to work at heights, including climbing ladders and accessing rooftops;
- A valid driver’s license and access to insured vehicle for travel to project sites are required (work related mileage is reimbursed);
- Ability to travel for up to a week at a time is required (work related expenses are reimbursed).
What you will be working on:
- Independently carry out Mechanical & Electrical building systems on-site visual assessment, investigation; including liaison with clients as needed;
- On occasion, utilize proprietary software for data collection and reporting – such software includes but is not limited to: SLAM CAP, VFA.facility, and Asset Planner;
- Independently review drawings for quantity take-offs and prepare multi-discipline building condition assessments, reserve fund studies, capital planning projects, technical/building audits or other investigative reports complete with observations, conclusions, recommendations, and repair budgets;
- Maintain a high level of product quality; technically, grammatically, and as per company master report formats. All written reports to be proof read first by you, then peer reviewed by the Project Manager or other designated Peer Reviewer. Ensure draft documents are prepared to the level expected by the Project Manager and Peer Reviewer (treat your work as if there was no peer review and that the Client will be evaluating your competency directly). Plan and schedule sufficient time for the reviewer;
- Since we are committed to our clients, you must be responsive during and outside of normal business hours (cell phone and VPN network access will be provided);
- Be cognizant of and/or manage time and project costs to ensure project profitability;
- Assist and/or manage planning of projects through to completion;
- Assist and/or manage field review/testing and data collection and preparation of Energy audits (ASHRAE Level 1 & 2) or BOMA BESt audits complete with observations, conclusions, energy savings calculations, recommendations, budgets and options analysis;
- Assist and/or manage field measurements and data collection and preparation of ADA Audits complete with observations, conclusions, non-compliances, recommendations, and budgets;
- Assist and/or manage Facility Usage review and comparison of existing spaces against design standards.
Please note that the description above is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
If you’re ready to make a change and want to become part of a rapidly growing company, please apply. We thank all candidates for their submissions, however only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 29166
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1