Mechanical Assemblers Etobicoke
Looking for a great opportunity? Ready to be part of a team and use your mechanical knowledge and skills?
We are looking for Mechanical Assemblers to join our growing production team.
What’s in it for you:
In return for your hard work:
- This is a great opportunity to be part of a small growing team, supplying rough terrain forklifts to various customers internationally.
- Ability to work and grow your knowledge in the mechanical world.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for assembling the fabricated, mechanical and operational components of forklifts built to customer specifications.
A Typical Day:
- Working with a small team.
- Assembly and testing of mechanical and hydraulic components to engineering specifications.
- Assembly and testing of: drivetrains, engines, transmissions, radiators, exhaust, hydraulic cylinders, telescopic booms, masts, carriages, actuators, hydraulic manifolds and valves, hydraulic hose / fittings, and various other components for heavy mobile material handling equipment.
- Perform all aspects of assembly work.
- Assembles sub-assemblies and/or finished products in accordance with written and verbal instructions.
- Competently interpret detailed assembly drawings and hydraulic circuit drawings to accurately fit-up.
- Install purchased and fabricated components, using handheld tools and equipment.
- Install accessory components and materials for completing units for pre-shipping testing and delivery.
- Inspect product to conform to quality standards, and customer requirements.
- Load, unload, lift, and move materials and product utilizing lifting equipment when required.
- Operate hand tools (including but not limited to electrical and pneumatic power tools).
- Safely rig and operate 2-ton, and 5-ton overhead crane.
- Cross-train in other departments as available.
- Actively participate in safety training and demonstrate competency by effectively resolving safety issues or bringing them to the attention of management.
- In accordance with company procedures, cleans and prepares units for next operation.
- Safely operate heavy equipment as directed.
- Performs on-line testing and inspection activities.
- Ensure compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for a goal of zero incidents and injuries.
- All tools and equipment are company supplied, including PPE and subsidy for boots.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and 1-3 years relevant work experience.
- Trade certificate or equivalent a plus.
- Forklift license / willingness to certify.
- WHMIS Training.
Ability to meet deadlines; to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures. Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with supervisors, members of management, vendors, and other employees. Basic knowledge of use of power and hand tools. Basic mechanical knowledge.
Pay rate: 16-20 per hrs depending on experience.
Shift: Monday to Friday 7am-4pm
Apply to email@example.com
For immediate consideration please contact Cheryl at 905 361-3987 ext 107