Position Title: Materials Planner
Our client is a leading global automotive supplier with 335 manufacturing operations and 96 product development, engineering and sales centres in 28 countries. They have over 168,000 employees focused on delivering superior value to our customers through innovative processes and World Class Manufacturing.
Hours: Monday – Friday 6:00 am – 3:00 pm ( 9 hour shifts) Must be flexible to work overtime hours as required
Salary: $60, 000 – $65,000/year
Benefits: Full Benefits after 3 months
Profit sharing: Based on yearly company profits.
Vacation: 2-3 weeks (Negotiable)
Position Summary: Assume lead role in all service functions. Assist in production delivery performance issues.
* Run MRP in the Trans4M system and prepare and send material releases to vendors
* Address any supplier issues pertaining to the release/delivery process through verbal and written communication, including delivery disputes, late shipments, and cumulative quantity reconciliations
* Maintain the integrity of the planning cycle through ongoing maintenance of the planning data with respect to all RPS functionality.(Lead times, safety stock)
* Develop strong relationships with supplier contacts with emphasis on developing and maintaining supplier performance
* Track supplier shipments and follow-up with vendors and freight carriers to ensure on-time delivery including expedited freight.
* Perform accurate receiving of all shipments in the MRP system and communicate
* with suppliers to resolve discrepancies / issues as required
* Process vendor returns in the Trans4M, communicate with finance for supplier chargebacks
*Track supplier performance through DNCR process, calculate appropriate chargebacks when necessary.
* Coordinate and monitor logistics with suppliers and freight companies
* Ensure system inventory accuracy through cycle counts and inventory adjustments
* Meet inventory objectives and ensure zero stock outs.
*Prepare outbound shipment paperwork as required (including international shipment documentation preparation such as customs, NAFTA)
* Meet freight budget and minimize premium freight
* Ensure compliance with company’s policies, complete daily required reports and file all paperwork
* Maintain and adhere to all TS16949 and ISO 14001 Process maps and work instructions
*Other Duties as assigned
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
* Adhere to and follow all company and supplier health & safety policies, practices and rules for the workplace;
* Comply with legislative requirements of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Workplace Safety & Insurance Act, including the Duties of a worker, Supervisor and Duties of the Employer as outlined in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, s. 27 and 28 and all other applicable legal requirements
Education: BS degree in Business or Inventory Management (APICS certification desirable).
Experience: five years in production planning inventory management or MRP operation within the automotive industry, particularly JIT
Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Lotus Notes.
Decision and Tasks: Results Orientated Has a strong bias for action.
Follows up quickly and consistently to bring issues to closure.
Independent Action: Proven project and time management ability.
Influencing Others: Strong human relation skills and demonstrated leadership capabilities
Qualified candidates please contact Sarika at (905) 361 - 3987 ext. 115 for immediate consideration.