Our client is a pioneer in the design, manufacture and installation of comfortable and luxurious outdoor rooms. They create these flexible, protected spaces with their innovative system of retractable glass walls, ceilings and balcony railings.
In addition to their glass sunrooms, balconies and patio covers, our client has developed a high-quality line of custom-made screens and blinds to complement these products. Our client is currently looking for 1 Material Handler to join their growing team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Receive and put away aluminum painted and mill finish extrusion material
- Accurately stock and remove raw materials as per the inventory plan
- Operates high reaches and forklifts as and when needed
- Loading and unloading of trucks using assigned forklifts and manually all year round.
- Monitor Quality of incoming packaging and finished goods and report deficiencies to Shift Supervisor
- Issue raw material to production lines/operators in a timely and safe manner as per the production schedule/work instructions
- Inventory management, maintain target inventory level for raw and finished good products, cycle counting and physical inventory
- Perform weekly cycle count
- Enters daily transactions in the related software
- Review plan vs. actual to ensure no shortage of material.
- Support in distribution by timely picking, wrapping, packing and loading of ordered material for installers & suppliers
- Supplier delivery and pickup of extruded parts utilizing company vehicle
- Reporting production issues and assisting in resolutions as required.
- Performing other duties as requested by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Preferably a high school diploma (OSSD) or related equivalent experience
- Valid Forklift license/certification; valid G driver’s license is required
- 1-3 years of experience in forklift operations
- Prior experience in forklift Combi-lift (Multi-Directional Fork Lift)
- Comfortable driving a light duty truck with 20ft trailer to pick up and deliver various items/products to and from suppliers.
- Moderate Mathematical skills and ability to take accurate measurements is necessary
- Minimum two years’ experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
- Experience using Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and RF Scanners preferred
- Must have good communication skills; written and verbal
Ability to: stand & walk constantly, and frequent use of hands (reach with hands and arms), lifting up to 50lbs and/or moving glass panels and aluminum profiles
Qualified candidates please contact Cheryl at (905) 361 - 3987 ext. 107 for immediate consideration.