Job StatementAs a Maintenance Technician, the person is part of a team responsible for the general maintenance of all equipment and facility.
- Set-up and operating of process equipment
- Large range of activities relating to electrical & mechanical controls
- Pneumatic controls
- Automation controls adjustments and settings
- Adjust equipment, as needed
- Troubleshoot functional problems and resolve in a timely manner
- Change defective or worn out parts (motors, gearboxes, bearings, belts, etc.)
- Perform Preventive Maintenance tasks, according to schedule
- Install and put in function machines and equipment
- Conduct routine inspections & repairs on any equipment, machines and installations
- All other duties as required
· May be required to stand/sit/squat for long periods of time
· May engage in frequent bending, stooping or squatting
· Due to the environment, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions which include extreme heat, humidity and cold
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 25kg
· Must be able to work in tight or enclosed spaces
Health and Safety
· Conduct all Job Tasks in a Safe and Responsible manner.
· Participate in all Health and Safety, GMP and HACCP training as required.
· Report any accidents, incidents and unsafe/hazardous conditions to your Maintenance Supervisor.
· Report any damages of property and machinery to your Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure that you understand how and when to use the Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) that is located in your work area.
- Ensure you comply with OHSA, WSIB, MOL regulations and/or laws that govern “workers” responsibilities in the workplace and Comply with company’s Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP Programs.
· Education equivalent to the completion of grade 12.
· Post secondary education related to machinery maintenance and repair.
· A valid Ontario License
· Ability to maintain working relationship with coworkers and subordinates.
· Available for shift work
· 3 years of relevant work experience
If interested, please contact Bruno Marques at [email protected]