Our client in Milton is currently looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to join there team on a fulltime permanent basis.
The shift time will be 7:30pm-3:00am (Open for 5pm start as well)
Base Rate to start: $35.00/hour (Open to negotiation)
Opportunity for Overtime.
- Performs activities that support the safe and efficient operation of production equipment principally but not restricted to production.
- Confers with management to coordinate work activities and resolve problems.
- Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, processes, efficiency, and service.
- Adjusts work methods and procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines, equipment, and personnel.
- Maintain accurate records of materials and supplies such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts for work activities.
- Completes and maintains CMMS reports.
- Monitors work area and examine tools and equipment to detect unsafe conditions or violations of safety rules.
- Inspect and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Perform repairs, troubleshoot and assist production with mechanical failures
- Performs weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance checks on equipment.
- Perform overhauls, major repairs and rebuilds on parts and equipment
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all employees to promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment to facilitate positive employee morale, productivity, and continued improvement.
Education and Experience:
- Technical degree at the college level; or three to four years related experience and/or training (i.e. millwright certification); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the appropriate tools to construct objects, structures, and buildings. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Preferred millwright certification or other professional or trade designation
- Safety training as required (lift devises, fall arrest etc.)
- Tack Welding experience with fabrications is required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, write simple correspondence and memos, and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
If you are interested in this role please send your resume with confidence to [email protected]