Maintenance Engineer – Woodbridge, ON
Our client, a large manufacturer and provider of docking solutions, is currently seeking a Maintenance Engineer with a background in Tool and Die making, to fill ASAP. Great opportunity to learn and grow.
What will you do?
- Assisting production process for technical support, trouble shooting and continuous improvement to ensure safe and efficient operating state of tool and equipment.
- Support for ISO 9001: 2015 compliance and engineering support for product/process improvement, design drafting of parts and tooling.
- Maintain the Quality Management Systems, safety program development and training delivery, design & build jogs and fixtures for manufacturing.
- Assist Product Development, production process to ensure appropriate employee training on machine equipment operation, safety and maintenance, create 3D models (Solidworks or Autocad) and support special projects
– Equipment Maintenance
- Develop and maintain Preventative Maintenance schedule, maintaining good housekeeping practices within area of responsibility and in common areas.
– Facility Maintenance:
- Maintain facility by regularly scheduling preventive maintenance and yearly maintenance through contractors and managing upgrades within approved budgets.
- Preparing and adhering to the annual budget and providing cost analysis reports.
– Continuous Improvement:
- Assist manufacturing in achieving a 6 Sigma (not less than 80%)
- Manage and sustain 6 Sigma and Lean initiatives and continuous improvement projects.
– Tooling Productivity
- Manage, report and improve tool room productivity, efficiency and safety, monthly tooling status, tool repair history.
- Manage and expedite tooling through vendors used for repairs and modifications to dies and for new dies.
- Ensure strict adherence to Company’s quality policies/procedures & participate in Quality Audits and closing Quality reports.
- Promote safe work practices as outlined in the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Enforces safety practices, provides timely accident investigations/corrective actions and implements any changes as per the Safety Committee recommendations and weekly safety Walkthroughs
– Team Building:
- Participate in and conduct 1×1 meetings, daily crew talks, annual employee evaluations and provide manpower requirements to HR.
- Ensure that orientation of all shop floor employees is conducted and documented per the company policy
- Ensure all training is documented and saved to the company DDL.
- Ensures timely and accurate Time & Attendance reporting.
- Solid leadership qualities and a strong background in maintenance management and tool & die making.
- Strong understanding of ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management Systems).
- Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act
Pay: $ 80,000
Shift: Mon – Fri (8:00 am to 5:00 pm). Additional time may be required.
To be considered please contact Harish Srun @ 905 361 3987 x124, email@example.com