Fuze HR is URGENTLY looking for several machine operators for one of our clients in the nutrition industry. Under the responsibility of production supervisor, the machine operator supplies, operates, adjusts, cleans and monitors the equipment according to established rules. They coordinate activities with the conveyer attendants on the packaging line. They are responsible for completing assigned tasks effectively in a timely fashion, while maintaining standards of quality and safety procedures. Good communication with the supervisor, conveyor clerk, lead hand mezzanine and quality control technicians is essential to ensure the production of a quality product.
List of responsibilities
- Set up and adjust processing and packaging machines for the start of operations hygiene
- Operate single-function machines to extract, mix, stir, bake, chill, freeze or for any other stage of bars manufacturing process
- Perform tests during the process so that products are in established quality standards and make necessary adjustments
- Performs washing, rinsing and sanitizing of equipment according to allergens sequences, respecting the sanitation methods
- Mechanically adjusts the machine according to setup sheets for format required
- Validates the product to be packaged as well as their labels
- Installs parts for the appropriate format for new product to be packaged
- Validates and coordinates with the conveyor attendants the format change
- Verifies that the code and other information applied on labels are correct, readable.
- Check the weight and general appearance of the bags are in compliance
- Verifies that the information on the boxes are the same as the products inside
- Communicates quality problems to supervisor and quality control department.
- Keeps all new amendments in the binder up to date
- Helps other packaging lines when necessary
- Maintains work environment clean and tidy
- Communicates and collaborates with the warehouse and the quality control department
- May be required to work in other departments if requested by supervisor
- May perform any other activities as requested by his supervisor.
- A combination of education and experience as a machine operator
- 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of food hygiene standards (HACCP)
- Knowledge of good food practices in manufacturing
- Knowledge of set ups
- Knowledge of the SIMDUT