We are looking for mechanically inclined Machine adjusters! If you are mechanically inclined and enjoy working in a fast paced environment then this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client is a leading North American manufacturer and marketer of a broad range of stock and custom envelopes and growing provider of packaging and specialty products. Our client is the only national envelope manufacturer in Canada, with facilities across seven provinces and three facilities in the United States and employs over 800 people. Our client’s growing footprint allows it to efficiently manufacture and distribute products tailored to the specifications of major corporations, national resellers, government entities, as well as paper merchants, statement processors and solutions providers. They are currently looking for 5 Machine Adjusters to join their dynamic team.
Envelope Machine Adjuster is responsible for setting up and running of envelope machines. Duties include, but not limited to:
- Set up and run envelope machine for maximum efficiency and top quality
- Work with Flexographic printing
- Adjust machine for optimum product quality and machine speed
- Inspect product on start-up and throughout run
- Work closely with machine Operator to ensure machine starts up safely & runs good quality product
- Feed machine with raw materials: paper, gum and ink
- Perform maintenance on machine
- Use mechanical tools and read measuring devices
Trainees will learn:
- The components & sections of an envelope machine and how it runs:
- feeder, printing unit, panel cutter & window die, collator, seal gummer, drier chains, aligner, scores, folder, gummer unit, delivery unit, etc.
- Start up & shut down procedures
- How to set up a job on an envelope machine: size changes, window set-up, etc.
- Fine adjustments for high speeds
- Various papers & inks
- Maintenance and Repair
- Excellent mechanical aptitude a must (may like to work on cars or renovations in spare time, or have experience working in a car repair shop/garage)
- Paper converting / printing knowledge in related industries ideal, but not required (print, newspaper, folding cartons, paper packaging, etc.)
- Ability to work independently to trouble shoot and solve mechanical problems
- Skilled Trades Mechanical College Diploma a definite asset
- Ability to differentiate all colors
- Punctual and reliable
- Good communication skills
- Willing to work rotating shift work: days, afternoons and nights
- Willingness to work overtime when needed
- Must have safety shoes
Great opportunity, Apply Now!!
Qualified candidates please submit resume to [email protected] for immediate consideration.
Contact Cheryl at (905) 361-3987 ext. 107