New career opportunity in Supply Chain! – Downtown Montreal!
Our client, an international industry leader in the metal industry, is currently searching for an experienced Logistics Coordinator.- Opportunities for career growth, competitive salary + benefits!
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the primary focus will be to oversee logistics related to all deliveries going to and coming from the clients site while ensuring all safety and operational requirements are being met.
This position involves traveling to our site located around Schefferville, Qc on occasional basis.
- Plan and coordinate with various transporters for a timely delivery – by train or by air- of goods to mine site
- Carry on daily follow-ups with all transporters involved to avoid or mitigate late deliveries
- Participate in marshalling special freight trains and follow up on delivery status
- Develop supply strategies with transporters (Trucking companies – QNS&L & TSH- air freight)
- Coordinate fuel delivery strategy with local train companies like QNS&L and Naskinnuk. Follow up on-site fuel delivery with local contractors
- Handle transportation billing for inbound logistics
- Process cargo invoices and documentation
- Promote safety awareness and safe work practices
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in freight handling & forwarding
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations governing trucking transport
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org