Our client is looking to hire a Commercial Leasing Assistant to support all administration aspects of property management and leasing related to the commercial properties in our real estate portfolio.
This position requires strong knowledge of tenant relations, lease documents, tendering & contract management.
As the primary Leasing Contact your position requires that you are available 24/7 to be able to respond to the arising situations with our commercial Tenants.
- On a daily basis, manage tenants’ requests, elaborate strategies to better respond to their needs while focusing on great customer service including any and all correspondence to and from Tenants;
- Preparation, sending and follow-up of Offers to Lease & Leases & Amendments;
- Opening Lease files, saving on server, scanning and photocopying after they are duly executed and advising accounting department;
- Preparation, sending and follow- up of annual Renewal letters with increases to commercial tenants;
- Complete assistance and coordination with Tenants on move-ins /move-outs (commercial);
- Keeping track of all transfer of responsibility for hydro, Gaz met and other utilities as is necessary;
- Keeping track of all relevant notices, dates for step-ups, renewals, extensions, terminations and updating accounting department accordingly;
- Responsible for tracking key lease and real estate contract dates and ensuring deadlines and/or commitments are met;
- Keeping track and updating schedules of all abstract lease clauses including but not limited to: insurance certificates, HVAC service contracts, extermination service contracts (must ensure we receive updated ones in timely manner);
- Pronotif – Secured emails – making sure we have the Tenant’s email address to be used as the main source of correspondence;
- Respect and enforce the building/lease regulations by giving verbal and written notices when necessary;
- Rental of commercial units including scheduling and coordinating visits;
- Perform and receive credit checks on all prospective tenants as required;
- Reporting as required by owners;
- Any other tasks related to commercial & (possibly) residential leasing portfolio as required.
- Candidate must be perfectly Bilingual (written and oral);
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi Voyageur accounting software is an Asset
- Strong communication and organizational skills – able to manage numerous client relationships;
- Problem-solver – has ability to listen, understand and respond appropriately;
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment when assessing difficult situations;
- Superior organization and time management with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Liaison and good communication with Junior Partner, Controller, Property Accountants and/or other Head office staff is essential.