Our client is currently seeking a Lean Manufacturing Manager. He/She will supervise the different manufacturing engineering teams ensuring automation and control technologies, equipment, tooling, product manufacturing process flow, product knowledge, manufacturing standards, and NPI processes are set on the production floor in the most efficient manner for a built to order and high mix and low volume environment. This person will work in coordination with the Production Director, Quality Manager and Production Planning team in a daily basis guaranteeing smooth operation on the production floor and continuous improvement.
Your tasks as a lean manufacturing manager:
- Responsible to create and maintain department procedures and processes, assuring that they are respected and executed diligently
- Manages department projects and key initiatives to ensure quality and timely completion
- Participates actively with knowledge & improvement ideas to continuous improvement program
- Ensures complete compliance with defined procedures and policies (Safety, 5S, Attendance, etc.)
- Provides leadership, guidance, and direction to all employees in department
- Ensures new technologies requirements are clearly identified, analyzed, and quantified in order to give competitive advantage to our manufacturing process
- Ensures there is a proper process for acquisition and installation of new equipment taking in consideration reliability, cost-benefit, accuracy, etc.
- Coordinates installation of new equipment in the plant following safety guidelines and production operational and availability requirements.
- Ensures new equipment is fully operational and best practices like SMED developed are transmitted via continuous training to the Equipment Operators.
- Responsible for the proper structure of the Preventive and Corrective Programs.
- Ensures maintenance manuals and spare parts inventory are up to date and employees know how to use them
- Prepares and shares equipment performance reports and proposes improvement actions leading to reduce operational costs and better equipment usage.
- Manages the Manufacturing Team ensuring there is a proper process that converts product design requirements into manufacturing requirements
- Ensures NPI process is followed and improved including testing, sampling, validation, tooling, documentation, training, operational standards, etc.
- Ensures NPI activities are all done in coordination with the Design Eng., Quality, Production and Marketing departments ensuring due dates for product launch are met.
- All this based on APQP practices and concurrent engineering.
- Ensures manufacturing standards are developed, maintained, and delivered to the daily operation in the shop floor.
- Ensures work content is identified in every operation and the data bases are updated with the most accurate and reliable data to support production planning and labor costing.
- Ensures the development of new and more effective tools to translate engineering requirements to job requirements for the shop floor daily operations.
The required qualifications for the lean manufacturing manager position:
- Must have a Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in lean manufacturing environments managing and developing Industrial Engineering teams (Automation, Controls, Maintenance, NPI, Methods, etc.)
- Must be familiar with: AutoCAD, Solid WORKS, Office especially Excel (intermediate level or better)
- High knowledge on production jig/machines/automation design
- Solid understanding of engineering for manufacturing techniques including sheet metal, extrusions, and die-casting moulding
- Good understanding of lighting industry
- Analytical and creative thinker, multitasking skills
- High degree of autonomy and team work skills
Don’t miss this opportunity. apply now!