If you are a go-getter with a solid work ethic and estimating experience, we would like to meet you! We are currently looking for a Junior Estimator to work directly with the owners of our clients’ company.
Our client is a well renowned General Contractor in the Toronto area, they are rapidly growing and need an individual who is a highly organized self-starter able to be accountable to multiple priorities. If you have what it takes to be part of an elite team, this is the ideal job opportunity for you!
Your tasks as a Junior Estimator:
- Quantity take-offs and cost estimates for upcoming bid projects and current projects
- Assistance as needed in the tendering processes
- Soliciting subcontractors, suppliers and specified manufacturers
- Review of project specifications and drawings for upcoming projects and develop a winning strategy during tender
- Distributing and maintaining control of bid documents and attending the site visits
- Assisting in the presentation of the estimate/proposal when required
- Setup and preparation of prequalification proposals
- Setup, preparation, generation of RFIs, Shop Drawings, Construction Schedules, Meeting Minutes, quotations for changes to contract, Document Control indexing and filing systems, Operations and Maintenance Manuals, As-built Drawings
- Deliveries and pickups to be arranged if and as required
- Setup and filing as needed for the above-mentioned tasks
- Assist Project Managers, and Site Superintendents in Contract Administration of projects. Work as a team player within the office environment
- Prepare a construction schedule, monitor and forecast the schedule and costs throughout the project
- Job costing reporting
Requirements for the Junior Estimator position:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction related field or QS or PQS Certification
- Estimating experience and knowledge of techniques & cost control
- Must have proven experience taking ownership and leading in the preparation of an estimate / proposal, including identifying risk and opportunities, and maintaining a win strategy
- Have knowledge of typical costs associated with civil activities
- Must have the ability to focus on details, while analyzing and managing larger obstacles
- Must have proficient computer and estimating software skills
Don’t miss this opportunity, apply now!