The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers in support of business processing requirements. With a strong focus and application of Microsoft Dynamic 365, in collaboration with the IT Manager, the IT Systems Administrator is required to perform analysis of new IT trends, applications, and systems, along with managing the Company’s computers, applications, network infrastructure, servers, etc. This position will also be responsible to perform research on new technologies and make recommendations for implementation in accordance with the Company’s Information Technology Roadmap.
This position reports to the Company’s IT Manager.
In collaboration with the IT Manager, the Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems that provide business continuity advantage in the retail marketplace
- Leveraging succinct business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that’s always up and running
- Ensure stability of Network and its infrastructure, defining PM and presenting implementation proposals
- Liaise with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
- Act as a strategic business partner to the Dynamic 365 Implementation team with any setup and database maintenance requirements.
- Run & maintain Power BI Reports with Microsoft Dynamic 365
- Monitor system performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and redundancy) and test for weaknesses
- Timely resolution & training if needed on cases reported by end-user.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions in accordance with the Company’s IT roadmap.
- Design, manipulate, and present various analytic and reports in accordance with the IT objectives via Microsoft Power BI.
- Monitor and maintain inventory and technology services
- Ensure technology is functional and accessible
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly.
- Monitor data center health using pre-existing management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates, support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments.
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages (broad-spectrum, which are the more relevant to business model) and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
- Experience in project management, application design and integration, and cloud computing (specifically Microsoft Azure)
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Creating volumes, assigning to servers, and remote replication (referring to server storage capacity, relocation, and experience with NAS???)
- Advanced organizational skills: ability to prioritize, follow up, and multi-task.
- Proven ability to handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Flexible and resourceful at problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to senior management and employees.
- Accountability & Dependability
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management
- Energy & Stress
- Planning & Organizing
- Ethics & Integrity
- Problem Solving
- Quality Orientation
- Creative & Innovative Thinking
§ Ability to set up and configure servers
- Microsoft Windows OS (Server – 2012 & 2016 and PC – Win 10)
- Active Directory environment and Group Policy
- Microsoft Office (365)
- IBM compatible computer hardware and software systems
- Apple computer OS, hardware and software
- E-mail clients and server (Exchange 365)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Finance and Operations would be a great asset
- Good hearing required for extensive telephone use.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required and on weekends.
- Lifting or moving up to 50lbs may be required