The desired candidate will oversee the day-to-day operations of the IT Helpdesk.
Duties will include providing and managing technical support to company staff on all company-supported applications such as; desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices, and related technologies. The incumbent is a collaborative member within the IT Department and serves as the primary point of contact for information technology users.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network problems, and maintain detailed records of symptoms and steps taken to resolve in the helpdesk database.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of desktop computer hardware and software.
- Create documentation for the use of IT systems and software.
- Oversee IT orientation activities for all new company employees and provide training as needed.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- Proactively identify opportunities to evolve and improve the IT support delivery systems.
- Make recommendations about future planning and development of IT resources with an emphasis on maximizing end user productivity and return on investment.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Support Role
- Experience completing or managing IT activities in a highly regulated environment.
- Ability to quickly research and self-educate on new information, technologies and methods.
- Detail oriented and comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment requiring the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight as well as in groups with individuals of differing technical backgrounds.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English with French being a strong asset)
- Must be able to regularly complete IT operations and project within established timelines.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products is required.
- Active directory and TCP-IP experience are strong assets.
- Familiarity with Windows Server and Virtual Machines such as VMWare are strong assets