As part of a continued expansion, our client is seeking an Invoicing Clerk to join their growing team. The position will be based in the South Shore as part of a wider global team.
Working under the direction of the Finance Director, the Invoicing Clerk will have primary responsibility for assisting with any invoicing processes our client. They will have responsibility for ensuring that all sales invoices are prepared within relevant deadlines, all changes are supported by appropriate agreements, resolving queries and reconciling sales variances.
- Maintaining up-to-date data in current systems
- Preparing information accurately and in a timely manner
- Proactively identify exceptions and validate data.
- Maintaining customer and services data in various systems
- Generating accurate, complete and timely invoices using the company’s billing system
- Preparing adhoc invoices and credit notes using a manual system
- Producing documentation and reports required for approval of invoices
- Work with the accounting and sales team to answer questions about invoices.
- Maintaining templates for government reporting for various locations
- Updating systems used with latest tax info
- Preparing governmental filings by statutory deadlines
- Tracking retroactive changes to invoices that require amendment to filings
- Maintaining templates for sales reports distributed monthly
- Producing monthly sales reports
- Analyzing sales results and variances
- Reporting on exceptions in sales results
- Creating ad hoc reports for sales and accounting staff
- Liaise and resolve queries from internal and external stakeholders
- Act in accordance with accounting principles, regulations and internal procedures.
- Produce own correspondence, emails and field enquiries.
- Deal with email and phone queries in a timely, accurate and courteous manner.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience of automated billing software packages (preferably Sage), proven ability to learn new software packages.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel.
- College level bookkeeping degree/certificate or equivalent
- Good organisational skills with ability to multi-task and have attention to detail.
- Strong at building relationships with others and ensuring clear communication
- Plans and prioritises work effectively, with a proactive approach to issue resolution.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, collaborating with other colleagues across multiple time zones.
- Takes responsibility for own work, ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Motivated with a can-do attitude.
Interested? Send your resume to Amanda at [email protected]