We are looking for an Intermediate Stormwater Management Engineer – GTA – Halton
Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes?
As an employee-owned company, fostering a culture where people can thrive – and by thrive, a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join an award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
We are actively looking to hire an Intermediate Stormwater Management Engineer for the Toronto and Halton offices who wants to work on a variety of challenging projects and oversee junior staff. This role offers the right candidate the potential for a fast, upwards career progression.
Design and review of stormwater management and LID measures for linear projects including:
- Modeling of storm sewer networks and SWM designs
- Drawing production of preliminary and detailed designs using CAD software
- Writing SWM reports
- Ability to effectively communicate design with clients and regulatory bodies
- Submission of regulatory compliance applications including to MECP, and local conservation authorities
- Coordinate with multidisciplined design teams and on inter-office projects
- Development of workplans and collaboration on proposal preparation
- Lead design team comprised of junior staff, with oversight from senior project managers
- Other duties, as appropriate for this position
- Completion of a University degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Must be a licensed Engineer within the province of Ontario
- Minimum 5+ years experience in SWM design, ideally focused on linear projects.
- Experience with MTO projects is preferred
- Experience with SWM modeling software, such as but not limited to: EPA-SWMM, PCSWMM, Infoworks, HEC-RAS, or XPSWMM
- Experience with GIS software is considered an asset
- Proficient with software, such as AutoCAD Civil3D or Microstation Inroads
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for SWM design
- Knowledge of Low Impact Development methods and best practices
- Superior English communication skills both oral and written
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with alternative delivery methods such as design build, and P3 is considered an asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle
Your better starts here
Happy teams mean happy clients. It’s just that simple. From recruitment to flexibility, learning to leadership, wellness to inclusion, giving people the tools, they need to outperform in their careers and build lasting connections with clients, culture, and each other.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 34644
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1