Intermediate – Senior Engineer, Municipal Conveyance
As an employee-owned company, fostering a culture where our people can thrive – and by thrive, we mean a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
We are looking for an Intermediate – Senior Municipal Engineer in the Toronto office who wants to work on a variety of challenging projects and provide mentorship to junior and intermediate staff. The individual will have the opportunity working on projects varying in scope and size related to water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, flood protection, stormwater management, and storm drainage systems, including planning and design of new facilities, as well as optimization and rehabilitation of existing systems.
This role offers the right candidate the potential for a fast, upwards career progression.
- Providing project engineering and technical expertise, modeling, analysis and design services on linear water and wastewater projects.
- Participating in studies, assessments, modeling, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimates, specifications, contract documents, tendering and contract administration.
- Providing engineering and technical design expertise, review of hydraulic calculations and design for watermains and sewers.
- Preparation of conceptual, preliminary, and final designs relating to:
- Watermain, Sanitary and Storm Sewer replacement and/or upsizing.
- Watermain and Sewer Condition Assessment and Rehabilitation projects
- Watermain and Sewers installed using trenchless technologies
- Assisting with the technical aspects of proposals and design reports.
- Liaising with clients, consultants, regulatory and utility agencies, and contractors.
- Providing review and professional authentication of memos, reports, drawings, and other engineering documents.
- Participating in Business Development initiatives.
- Planning projects, developing accurate scopes of work, cost estimates, project plans, and deliverables to execute high quality project designs.
- Working closely with managers, engineers, designers, drafting and support staff.
- Mentoring and coaching project teams including technical and field staff.
- Supervision of junior engineers, technologists, and designers.
- Completion of a University Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- 7 plus years progressive experience in municipal water and wastewater engineering with at least 5 years working in a consultancy.
- P.Eng., or eligibility for registration in Ontario.
- Project management (PMP) designation would be an asset.
- Hydraulic and Hydrologic modelling experience would be an asset.
- Possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients.
- Experience or aptitude for meeting timelines and budgets, proposal writing, client development and other skills appropriate to consulting.
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Experience providing consulting services related to municipal engineering projects and clients is required.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 29741
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1