An employee-owned company, fostering a culture where our people can thrive – a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
We are actively seeking a full-time Electrical Engineer to join the Electrical team in various office locations (Toronto, Halton, Sudbury, Ottawa, Niagara, London). This position will provide support to projects for Toronto head office as well as all branch offices.
- Design of industrial power distribution systems (44kV to 120V), including load analysis, Hydro supply sizing, substation design, underground duct banks.
- Selection and sizing of standby power supply including Diesel and Gas generators.
- Design of Switchgear, Switchboard, Motor Control Centers, and distribution panels.
- Lighting system design, including fixtures, controls, lighting transformers and lighting panels.
- Creating Control Schematics for motor starters, including Direct-on-line starters, variable frequency drives or soft starters.
- Supervise CAD operators for preparation of design drawings (plans, sections and details using Revit and/or AutoCAD).
- Conducting Power System Studies, Power Quality Studies.
- Perform site visits for electrical data gathering condition assessment and field inspections.
- Works closely with project managers and other disciplines to plan and prepare construction drawings and provide support as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned/required and appropriate to this position.
- Must hold a valid P.Eng. designation with the ability to practice in the province of Ontario
- 8-10 years of Electrical design engineering experience in an engineering, construction, or architectural firm. Design experience for water and wastewater treatment for municipal facilities will be considered an asset.
- Experience with ETAP software will be considered an asset.
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, high paced, team environment.
- Superior English communication skills, both oral and written.
Your better starts here
Happy teams mean happy clients. It’s just that simple. From recruitment to flexibility, learning to leadership, wellness to inclusion, providing the tools they need to outperform in their careers and build lasting connections with clients, culture, and each other.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 33588
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1