INTERMEDIATE & SENIOR CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEERS
The Land and Site Development teams in Kitchener are growing and currently seeking to bring in new team members to complement our technical expertise.
- Evaluate project information using strong technical skills, experience, innovation and engineering judgement to transform projects from concept design to drawings and detailed specifications.
- Perform engineering design and analysis (storm and sanitary design, water distribution system design, storm water management facility modeling and design, road design etc.) and convey design information to CAD staff for drafting completion;
- Technical report preparation;
- Complete design calculations based on engineering principles, meeting applicable regulatory codes and standards;
- Communicate with project manager, clients and consultants to ensure design will work within the overall scope of the project;
- Participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient project delivery; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Water Resources Engineering (Masters degree will be considered an asset);
- 7-10+ years’ experience (preferably in a consulting firm);
- Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng) or pursuing the designation (EIT);
- Knowledge of engineering principals, applicable government technical standards and legislative regulations;
- Excellent attention to detail and sound independent judgment and decision making skills; and
- Excellent technical report writing skills, verbal and written communication skills with colleagues and clients, and a “team player” approach to design and problem solving is required.
Contract Info / Information sur le contrat
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 30282
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1