Intermediate Engineer, Water/Wastewater
Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes?
As an employee-owned company, fostering a culture where our people can share ingenuity, express difference, and grow. Your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join our award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
The Ottawa office is actively seeking an experienced Intermediate Engineer to join their Water and Wastewater team.
- Assisting with studies and Class EAs for water and wastewater projects.
- Prepare conceptual, preliminary, and final process design of:
- Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Pumping Stations
- Raw Sewage Pumping Stations
- Manage and coordinate interdisciplinary design teams.
- Experience in Contract administration and operator training.
- Site inspection and writing technical reports as and when required.
- Business development, including assistance with the preparation of proposals.
- Experience working in a team where drawing production is conducted using BIM Modelling Software would be considered an asset.
- Experience in the design and implementation of waste supply and treatment facilities, wastewater collection and treatment facilities, and municipal services.
- Direct knowledge of hydraulic modelling software is an asset.
- Experience in risk analysis and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a University degree in Civil, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Must be a licensed Engineer within the province of Ontario.
- Superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- 5 or more years of detailed design experience of water and wastewater facilities.
- Must have completed hydraulic calculations including: hydraulic profiles, pumping applications, chemical feed systems.
- Understanding of control and automation systems related to water and wastewater plant processes.
- Proven Project Management experience is required, including project control (budget setting and tracking, project scheduling, scope change management, agreements).
- Ability to manage procurement and administer contracts.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Project.
- Possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
Your better starts here
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 30679
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1