INDUSTRIAL DESIGN ENGINEER, STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
We are currently looking for a Industrial Design Engineer to join the Structural Engineering team in the Burlington office.
- Develop detailed structural designs for industrial building projects;
- Perform engineering calculations and designs based on engineering principles and technical skill, experience, innovation, and engineering judgment, to transform project scope from concept design to construction, meeting applicable regulatory codes and standards;
- Evaluate project information to identify possible design solutions, coordinate and communicate with the Project Manager, clients and consultants to ensure design will work within the overall scope of the project;
- Continually seek opportunities to build and maintain client relationships and business development opportunities;
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.);
- 8-10 years experience with structural design of industrial buildings;
- Understanding of building structural design, the Ontario Building Code, the building permit processes, and applicable regulations, standards and legislation related to structural engineering projects;
- Understanding of structural analysis and design software, Auto CAD and Revit software;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with technical report writing;
- Excellent time management and organization skills;
- Strong initiative and self-discipline; and
- Required to have access to a vehicle and a valid ‘G’ driver’s license for travel to project sites; Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.
Fuze HR Solutions is committed to building a diverse, accessible, and equitable workforce. Our approach is twofold. Both internal, where we focus on creating a diverse and inclusive environment for our employees, and external, where we source and recruit from the most diverse candidate pools. Our teams are educated on current best practices at attracting, retaining, and working with the most talented and diverse candidates.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to accommodating every candidate and encourage those who identify as a member of a visible minority group, or a person with a disability and requiring specific accommodations, to apply.
For all questions, comments and feedback on our diversity and inclusion programs and policies or to request information relating to accommodation measures, please contact your local Fuze HR Solutions branch.
We look forward to working with you
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 32807
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1