Great Opportunity, Apply Now!
Fuze HR Solutions is currently looking for responsible and dedicated Industrial Belting Technician for one of our clients in Mississauga. This is a long term, temp to perm position for the right candidate. If you are Mechanically inclined are comfortable lifting to 50 lbs and working in a manufacturing environment and are looking for a LONG-TERM position, please give us a call today!
What Are The Perks:
- The hiring is open to all applicants able to work 40 hours per week, including young graduates / international students
- Salary: $22 per hour
- Days of work: Monday to Friday 6.00 am or 8.30 am shift and also available on call or weekends for overtime if required
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, align, dismantle and move industrial conveyors and the associated components such as rollers and guards as per the layout plans using hand and power tools
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures for high frequency machines, CNC machine and punching holes
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as forklifts, small cranes, jacks to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of conveyor belts
- Inspect and examine conveyor belts to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain industrial conveyor belts and related instruments
- Adjust belts and repair or replace defective parts for heavy duty conveyor belt installation using vulcanization
- Operation machine tools such as grinders to grind shims, high frequency dies, and conveyor belts for maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Dismantle and Assemble parts of machinery and equipment prior to and post installation using hand tools such as wrenches, rachets, hammer, crowbar, allen key, socket sets as well use the power tools such as drills and hand grinders.
- The post-installation maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment such as mis-tracking of belts
- Operate mechanical tools like “come along” to stretch the tight belts to make them stay together
- Clean and align conveyor belts during maintenance of conveyor systems
- Perform general belt fabrication including Cut To Length, Lacing, Finger Splicing and Slitting
- Complete belt installation at customers’ facilities on time and in a professional and courteous manner in accordance with company policy and practices
- Complete any additional special assignments as assigned
Knowledge And Skills Requirements:
- High school Diploma, GED, Technical/Trade School or equivalent experience
- Valid driver’s license required if operating company vehicle
- Prior manufacturing work experience in operating machinery and using various hand tools
- Ability to read and comprehend shop orders and working drawings written in English
- Must be able to read and interpret measuring devices (tape measures, calipers, scales)
- Ability to complete basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide) using whole numbers, fractions, decimals and metric system
- Must be able to work in Canada for any employer
Physical Demands & Requirements
- Regularly required to stand; walk, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to push/pull up to 35 pounds
- Manufacturing (non-union)
- The employee works in a factory environment and is occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. He/she is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
If you are a hardworking and dedicated employee with EXCELLENT attendance looking for a new opportunity in a manufacturing environment in Mississauga, please reach out to us today! We can’t wait to introduce you to your awesome new team.
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 31279
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1