We are currently looking for a Customs Clerk to work for a company that specializes in the redistribution of a wide range of consumer goods and merchandise.
This clerk will be asked to to provide accurate shipment documentation, ensure shipments are released on-time, handle customs clearance issues, resolve delivery issues and dispatch containers and much more.
The ideal candidate is a meticulous and organized person who is capable of respecting and following deadlines. This clerk needs to have superior mathematical abilities and strong computer skills.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Make conversions (e.g., imperial versus metric conversion);
- Accurately assess the size of a container and calculate how many products can safely fit;
- Document changes in terms of sizing, labeling, and packaging;
- Follow shipping processes; ensuring deadlines are followed;
- Provide the forwarder with instructions, approve bookings, prepare payments and/or resolve payment issues, enter PO’s, track the shipments.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Comfortable working in a high-volume and fast-paced environment;
- DEC in Logistics or similar field;
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in logistics or similar environment;
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills;
- English language, with a functional french.
Full-time; permanent position
Send your resume now to Amanda at [email protected]