Our client is a Real Estate Development organization that’s hit the ground running and has several projects on the go. They have a West End project where they are looking to add an excellent candidate in the role of Project Manager to play an important part in their team. They are looking for someone interested in long-term growth
Accountability and Responsibility
- Be responsible as the Owner’s representative to provide leadership of the construction team on all projects.
- Assisting the Director of Construction with joint venture partners, selection of consultants and vendors, and maintaining professional relationships with each.
- Be accountable to assist our team in monitoring the project and making sure it meets the quality standards, budgets, and scheduling objectives.
- Oversee and participate in contract negotiations as required with consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Oversee professional consultants, contractors, and vendors to assure that they are complying with project and contract requirements including project costs and schedules and all other requirements for the proper execution of the work plan.
- Assist the Director in identifying and managing all project parameters which have an impact on projects success and profitability.
- Supports the Corporate initiative to produce high performance buildings that where appropriate are at the forefront of technology, such as “Energy Star or Leed” certified.
- Proactively identify and document risks and corresponding mitigation strategies, including helping to develop the corporate best practices and tools library.
- Keep meticulous records and meeting notes. Prepare and update time schedule for projects to ensure completion within established deadlines.
- Contribute to project value engineering.
- Constantly communicate the status on all projects to management.
- Understand and enforce contract documents.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Tarion Warranty.
- Manage change orders throughout the duration of the project, including negotiating, assessing cost and schedule impact.
- Attend project progress meetings, ensure minutes are prepared/reviewed and distributed.
- Liaise and maintain continuous interaction with site personnel including site supers and estimators.
- Demonstrate leadership skills with ability to provide coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Energetic, Trustworthy and Accountable
- Relevant university Degree or College Diploma in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology/Architecture or Construction Management.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working as a Project Manager in construction (preferably mid and high rise) with strong knowledge of the construction process, finance, and management.
- Proficiency in Architectural construction drawings, permit set drawings, including MEP and structural drawings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Professional Suite.
- AutoCAD, Revit knowledge and proficiency with project management software tools used such as Procore and Microsoft Project is an asset.
- Experienced in leading a multi-disciplinary team of project professionals.
- Experienced with having completed a minimum of 3 high rise projects from commencement to completion.
- Experienced in project planning, risk management, cost management and schedule management.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as a project CM plan, status reports, estimates, risk management plan, construction metrics, proforma, budget acumen, critical path, and key milestone/deliverable charts.
- Should have a high degree of technical understanding of building science and engineering basic principles from geotechnical, structural, mechanical, electrical and elevators.
- Proficiency with CCDC contracts, supplementary conditions, and SOW’s.
- High level of understanding of the OHSA, ability to enforce Health & Safety practices.
- Excellent time management, organizational, administrative, written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Competence in clear, concise, and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers, and staff.
- Strategic, conceptual, analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility in managing deadline pressures in a changing fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in negotiating and conflict resolution techniques.
- Must possess a valid provincial driver’s license.