Our Client located in Burlington is looking for a heavy-duty mechanic to join their growing team.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 year of experience working as a heavy duty mechanic using their ‘hands-on’ knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic (basic) installations, troubleshooting and process-driven repairs.
In this position, the candidate will perform up to 40 % field service calls using a company vehicle and remaining 60 % performing the same work on their Customer fleet vehicles inside their Burlington facility. A clear Drivers’ Abstract and valid ‘G’ License are mandatory.
What our Client offers:
• Hourly pay rate range: $ 32 to $ 45/hr (depending on experience)
• DAY Shift Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• Benefits from day one of employment (Medical, Dental, Wellness)
• Uniform allowance $250 annual – Safety Boot Allowance $250 annual
• O/T after 44.00 hr
• Work Week of 42.5 hours – paid travel time to Client sites
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Travel to Customer job sites to perform service call or maintenance on ‘turn-key’ equipment
• Trouble-shoot and diagnose technical issues, to determine required repairs and maintenance
• Operate tools such as: chop-saw, grinders, air tools, welding (stick)
• Complete preventative maintenance inspections and related reports
• Comply with Occupational Health and Safety standards & WHMIS
• Attend in-house & OEM technical training
• Complete in-house Counterbalance, Tele-Handler, Scissor lift & Genie training
• Solid mathematical skills with natural technical aptitude and curiosity
• Basic mechanical, hydraulic and electrical knowledge with ability to read electrical and hydraulic plans
• Flexibility to interview and start immediately or within 1 week of permanent offer of employment.
• Flexibility to travel to Client sites and late finish after 5:00 PM when required
• Clear communication skills, some customer service experience a definite asset
• Valid ‘G’ Drivers License and clear Driver’s Abstract
If interested send your resume to [email protected]
- Job ID / No. du Poste: 29771
- Open Positions / Postes Ouverts: 1